Wednesday 16 March 2016

Old friends

This morning we took Sophie into work after dropping Mike off at school and we had the opportunity to have a good look at the refurbishments they've done to our old business. I was very impressed!

As we arrived, though, a crow appeared and sat on the building which I thought was lovely. As we went in the door he hopped along the roof so I asked Sophie to get me some bread and sausage from the kitchen. I hadn't the heart to ignore my old friends!

We put it on the grass and both birds swooped down to pick up the food, just like old times!

Here are some photos of how the business looks now. There's still more to be done but I was very pleased with the results.











New flooring has been put down, the large wall between the kitchen and reception has been demolished and the walls have been painted. There were several men working on the toilets while we were there and some other men sorting out the flooring. They've also replaced some of the play equipment and cleaned all the ceiling girders which look so much cleaner!

We had a good chat with Jeanette who told us all her news and then Maureen who came in at 9.30am. It was great to be able to look around but I still felt very relieved I'm no longer responsible for the place!

No comments: