Friday 11 March 2016

The fog!

It was very foggy this morning, thicker than I've seen it for a long while. Both Keith and I took Mike to school and then it was home for my husband to get ready for his doctor's appointment this morning in Guilsborough.

We were going to get the results of his scan last Sunday and it appears he has a small growth on his left kidney that needs investigating. He's been booked to see a Consultant in two week's time and we hope we can get it sorted.

Back home we collected Sophie and drove over to see my Mum and Dad in their new house. They'd had the carpets put down yesterday and the blinds and curtains fitted a couple of days ago and they were very pleased with the results. They'd chosen a lovely neutral cream colour for the carpets and the blinds and curtains matched the kitchen exactly.

We stayed for about half an hour and then returned home to have some lunch. The thick fog had given way to blue skies and sunshine so Sophie and I washed both cars and then we went for a little drive in Jim.

Sophie is still a bit nervous about driving and it didn't help that a UPS van came tearing around the corner on the estate, on her side of the road. She stalled the car, bless her, but we got going again and we drove to the village a couple of times and did a few more laps of the estate. When her exams are over in May we'll try and get her signed up with a driving school to restore some of her confidence as she really needs to drive.

After we got back I decided to make the most of the sunny weather and I tidied up the front garden, with Sophie and Monty keeping me company. It was a great way to say hello to our neighbours and we had a long chat with Sharon who lives nearby. It's amazing what a bit of sunshine can do for people!

In the evening Keith went off to the pub and I cooked chicken in a black bean sauce for dinner. When I'd returned from picking him up Sophie made me a Cosmopolitan...delicious!

No comments: