Wednesday 1 July 2015

Hot, hot hot!

I think today has been one of the hottest days ever as the temperature outside registered 36c this afternoon and I personally have never seen it get that high before. Yesterday, while Andy Murray was playing at Wimbledon, the thermometer said it was 41c!

Everyone thinks we enjoy the summer heat but I know a lot of people don't...we're just not geared up for it in this country! The same as we can't cope with heavy snowfalls and plunging temperatures in the winter!

I met Georgie at 8.30am this morning and he spent a few hours with Maureen and Sophie learning all about the restaurant and how Reception works. He went at midday and Keith and I drove over to Tesco to buy salad stuffs and cold meats for dinner. It was just too hot to cook anything else!

Back at home I had a long cool shower and in the early evening Keith, Sophie and I went to The White Horse to sit in the garden with a cold drink. Mike had fallen asleep so we left him to it and had an hour chatting with like-minded people who were also enjoying the slightly cooler evening temperatures. When we got home, though, the house felt like a furnace and going to bed was not an enjoyable prospect! Phew!

No comments: