Tuesday 30 June 2015

Feeling drained...

After our lovely relaxing evening I thought I would sleep well, but I had a terrible night and Sophie did too. She was awake until almost 3am and came into bed with me after going downstairs for a while. I felt like I was awake most of the night so when it came time to get up I felt shattered. Not a good day to be tired as I was expecting Georgie, the new manager, and we had nearly 60 children in for another school visit. Plus, Sophie was covering for Polly and there was a chance we'd be at work until the bitter end!

I got on extremely well with Georgie and we spent the morning going over everything to do with the business and I showed him around and introduced him to Maureen and Ricky who had come in to help cook for the school visit. He left at midday and by 3pm we had shut as we had no customers in. Keith and I had gone to Booker to get a few bits and we came back to find Dad turning away a family, but as he said, it just wasn't worth staying open for another three hours for just a couple of children!

We scooted home and I changed into shorts and sat in front of the fan as it was very hot by now - it was showing 32c briefly at one point -  and I have to confess to having a short nap to try and reclaim some of the lost sleep! Afterwards I felt a lot better and we sat in the garden with a cold beer (well, I did, Keith stuck to water as he was driving Mike to Army Cadets) and enjoyed a lovely cool breeze.

After dinner we wandered over to a neighbour's garden to water the plants (they're off on holiday) and sat and drank in the beautiful views they have. There was a gorgeous breeze and Monty came over with us and had a good nose around in the bushes, miaowing at us all time time as if he were talking! An almost full moon hung low in the sky and all we could hear was the twittering of birds and a distant miaow from Monty! Another relaxing end to a busy day!

No comments: