Saturday 4 July 2015

Keeping busy

We were woken at 2am this morning by a loud thunderstorm and flashes of lightening that lit up the whole bedroom. It seemed like it was right over our heads!

The morning dawned grey and sullen, like the weather was having a hangover from the night before!

I was facing a day of driving our kids about - Sophie was off to her friend Daisy's house for American Independence Day celebrations while Mike was off to two parties: one at 3pm and one at 7pm. Luckily he was going to walk to the later one otherwise I think it would have been better to have just taken up residence in Moulton!

We dropped Sophie off at her party and then I washed both cars and changed the bedding on our bed. Luckily, by lunchtime, the sun had made an appearance and I could get everything dried on the washing line.

After we dropped Mikey off in Moulton we went to Beckworth Emporium where I treated Keith to a cup of tea and a scone. The place was surprisingly quiet and it was lovely to sit in the sun and relax for half an hour. After our snack we had a quick look around the plants and I bought some more geraniums, fuchsias and petunias for the empty tubs I have in the garden.

From Beckworth we went to feed Mum and Dad's fish and after making sure they were happy I dropped Keith off at the playing fields in the village so he could watch a cricket match taking place. I drove home alone and had an hour to myself. Bliss! It was great to catch up with one of my recorded programmes in a beautifully quiet house! Sophie called me to ask me to go and pick her up and as I was driving out of the estate Keith was walking down the path so he came with me, which was a bonus!

There was no chance of going to the pub tonight as we were picking Mike up later so it was home to watch some tennis and have dinner. Sophie had eaten her fill of American food all day so Keith and I shared a delicious home-made curry and then sat and waited to go and pick our son up. I dreaded to think what he would be like after two parties but he was absolutely fine, which was a huge relief! We drove home and enjoyed a bowl of Keith's bread and butter pudding with a wee dram of whisky!


No comments: