Saturday 18 July 2015

A tale of three pubs!

I awoke early this morning and caught up with some recorded programmes over a cup of coffee. Always my favourite way to start the weekend!

In the afternoon Sophie and I headed off to Homesense as my daughter wanted more storage for her growing collection of make-up! We wandered around the store and she bought quite a few bits while I just looked. Nothing really caught my eye and I wasn't going to part with my money for no reason!

After Homesense we drove to Weedon where we had a lovely relaxed lunch. It was quite breezy so we opted to sit in the airy conservatory where we both tucked into sandwiches - cheese for Sophie and turkey salad for me.

After eating we had a good look around the shops and Sophie bought a new mug for herself in Abraxas while I chose a recipe book for easy family dinners. It was great to just mooch about looking at all the lovely things for sale.

We had a leisurely drive home through our stunningly beautiful countryside. I do think we're so lucky to live where we do. We stopped off for an ice-cream in Brixworth and then went home to relax before it was time to take Mike to a party in the evening.

As our son was off out, Keith, Sophie and I decided to have a Chinese take-away so we went to the village to order it and then popped into the pub for a quick drink before giving Mike a lift to Brixworth. The pub wasn't very busy and I did think that it was time for a refurbishment. Other pubs in the area have undergone a transformation but our local seems stuck in a time warp!

After we dropped Mike off we drove over to Boughton to visit the Whyte Melville, which was very popular indeed! People were sitting enjoying the evening sun in the lovely garden and the pub itself was busy with people drinking and eating. We sat outside with one drink and then decided to call in to The Griffin at Pitsford. I imagined I would have trouble parking as the car park isn't very large but we were astonished to see just one car there. At first we thought the pub was closed but the landlord rushed out and opened another door, explaining he had a wasps nest!

The place was extremely quiet and there was a sign saying there was no food available. We were very surprised at how quiet the pub was and after one drink we left to go and pick up our dinner. It had been an enjoyable outing and I just hoped that I wouldn't get any calls from Mike in the middle of the night asking to be picked up!

No comments: