Monday 20 July 2015

Feeling poorly

I woke up in the night with a really bad headache that stretched down the back of my head and into my neck. I got up, took some painkillers and watched television for half an hour before going back to bed and having strange dreams about working in a clothes shop in Market Harborough...hmmm!

When I woke up again at 7am the headache was still with me, so I asked Keith to take Sophie into work for me as we had a school visit in. I said to Keith I was going to go back to bed and try and shake the feeling off as it was making me feel sick.

By 11am I was feeling a little better so I had a shower, dressed and drove to a nearby garage where I bought some Nurofen Express. At work I arrived to find the school group eating their lunch and Sophie in control of things, so that was a relief.

Mum and Dad had some unsettling news for me, though. They'd had an email from the company that provides our buildings insurance and as the policy was going to end early they wanted almost £4,000 from us. This was the last straw and I burst into tears...

Dad reassured me that we would sort it out (i.e. ignore their demands) and then went to get lunch from McDonalds. I didn't have much of an appetite but at least my headache had eased a bit.

The school were in until 2pm and then we cleared up and went over to the bank before going home. I still felt a bit yukky so I sat and relaxed which was difficult seeing as we'd had a horrible day!

No comments: