Wednesday 22 July 2015

A little rain must fall...

It's been a mixed bag of weather today with some torrential downpours in the afternoon that were quite exciting! This summer is not like last year's at all and is how I actually want it to be - some sunny days, some rainy days. It's good for business!

I've resigned myself to the fact that we are going to be here for the foreseeable future - it's not worth worrying about and at least I have an income! We had a pleasantly busy day at work and then I went home with Soph to tidy up the front garden and get a little fresh air and exercise. I swept up loads of leaves, did a bit of hoeing and generally made the front garden look a little neater. Keith, Sophie and the cats came out with me to keep me company which was nice, and I had a chat with Jenny who lives down the road so it was quite a sociable occasion!

At 5.30pm Mum and Dad came around for a drink again. The intention was to not talk about work but invariably we did. We all agreed that we would just carry on as normal and if it happened, it happened. It does put a strain on my holiday, though, as my Mum is going into hospital on the 1 August for a knee operation and we're away all the following week when she will be out of action. The staff at work will just have to rally around and help us, something I know they will do. It does, however, make a bit of a joke of all the leaving presents and cards we received, but never mind!

Sophie and I had a Tesco Finest Paella for dinner - another recipe on my growing list of things I want to make myself. Some day!



No comments: