Wednesday 29 July 2015

Memories

I bought myself a "Video Capture Adaptor" from Amazon a few days ago as I wanted to convert some old camcorder tapes to DVD. As I'm so quiet at work at the moment I took everything in with me and managed to get it all to work.

It was great seeing footage of a visit we made to France back in 1994, before we'd even started the business or before we'd had Sophie and Michael! I think it's amazing that you can capture moments in time like that!

We stayed in a small hotel near Carpentras and explored the wine villages of Chateauneuf-du Pape and Gigondas, which is now a renowned wine although back then we'd never heard of it. We also visited Nuits St Georges in Burgundy and stayed in a hotel in the village of Mercurey when it was very hot. When we headed back to the UK the boot of our Rover was packed full of cases of wine! Oh, to be able to go and do that again! One day, perhaps!

My little reveries were interrupted by a call from one of the buyers who sounded very frustrated that nothing had happened again this week. He blamed our solicitors and asked (almost demanded) that we get onto them to find out what was happening. My Dad duly called them and was told that everything had been done and that they certainly weren't ignoring the buyer's solicitors as had been suggested.

I have a feeling that someone is delaying this sale for whatever reason and telling little porky pies. We are all so fed up with it dragging on and my planned two weeks holiday is being cut short drastically as I'll have to come in next Monday and then return to work on the 10th to look after things if my Mum is still out of action after her operation.

We went home and relaxed after the stressful half an hour of phone calls and we're just hoping that something will get done within the next few days, but I'm not holding my breath!

No comments: