Tuesday 21 July 2015

A little treat

The last normal day at work before the school holidays arrived and we had three parties, which was good news! I can't quite get my head around the fact that the children break up today (Mike broke up last Friday!) but the summer holidays have arrived and we're still here!

Sophie worked over lunchtime and we were able to get away at 4pm. I went out and "mowed" the lawn but there was hardly any grass to cut, it all seemed to be leaves. It came over a bit cloudy but I was still able to sit and relax after I'd finished and see a little bird who appears to have broken its wing come hopping out of the bushes to peck at some food.

Keith and I had to pick up Mike who'd been in town all day and as soon as we got him home it was time to take him to Army Cadets. As a treat Keith, Sophie and I went to The Lamplighter and had a meal and a couple of drinks. There was some sort of clothes swapping evening in progress so it was busier than normal but there was nice atmosphere and we had a lovely couple of hours talking about our forthcoming trip to Scotland and what we're planning to do when we're there!


No comments: