Saturday 11 July 2015

A wobbly start to the weekend...

I didn't have the best of starts today when, after dropping Mikey off at the Barracks for a weekend Army course, I nearly backed into another car... I was honked at very loudly which upset me as I wasn't in the best of moods to start with!

On the way home I burst into tears as it's still not absolutely certain that we'll complete on Monday as the solicitors still have a few questions...what on earth could they possibly still want to know? By now I would have thought they'd know what colour knickers we wear, they've asked so many questions!

Back home I had a quick shower and then we dashed off to Mum and Dad's house for a 10am viewing. I swept the decking, opened all the doors and some windows and generally made the place look inviting. I needn't have bothered as the couple who came were really quite obnoxious and walked around talking loudly about the house's shortcomings...even though it wasn't my house their comments still hurt. I'm just glad my parents weren't there to hear them.

After they'd gone, we shut everything up and went home and I was very thankful that my parents were on their way back this morning!

In the afternoon Sophie and I went over to Market Harborough where we had a bite to eat in Caffe Nero before wandering around our favourite shops. Sophie bought a beautiful ring at a craft stall and I treated myself to two bottles of white wine and a bottle of whisky in Duncan's shop. Duncan and Nick were on top form and started making jokes about Australian crocodiles which just made them laugh more and more. They're mad!

We waited to hear from Mike about what time to pick him up and planned on going to the pub for a drink if it was a reasonable time. Mum called to say they were home and we agreed that we'd pop around in the morning for a catch up over a cup of coffee. They certainly seemed happy to be home and hinted that their holiday hadn't been the best of weeks...

We eventually picked Mike up at 6.30pm so no time for a visit to the pub after all. Instead we sat and had a glass of wine and played cards in the conservatory before dinner of chicken en croute.

After dinner we settled down to watch "Sliding Doors" starring Gwyneth Paltrow and John Hannah and Sophie and I had a couple of shots of Honey Bourbon. It certainly livened up our evening!




No comments: