Sunday 26 July 2015

Where has summer gone?

It has rained all day today and been chilly and miserable! Where has our summer gone?

Keith and I called in to see Mum and Dad for a coffee and then we took Sophie to work. Unfortunately we had to go to Booker as well and that was a sore trial...the nearby sewage treatment works smelled terrible this morning (I had to cover my nose it was so bad) and when we emerged after doing our shopping it was tipping it down so we got wet loading the stuff into the car. What a lovely way to spend a Sunday morning!

From work we went to Tesco as Keith had changed his mind about what we were having for dinner and fancied a joint of beef. It was certainly the weather for a roast - definitely not a barbecue day!

We didn't do much in the afternoon but I did have to take Mike to Brixworth as he was meeting friends and had said he was going to a party...could I pick him up at 11pm? Well, no I couldn't, actually, as I'd had enough of taxiing him around all over the county so I called him at 5pm and said he had to come home. He resembled a drowned rat when we collected him and didn't put up much of an objection. Enough is enough!

No comments: