Thursday 23 July 2015

Doggy drinkies!

This evening Sue and I went to the pub in Old for a drink as she was treating me for looking after her garden while they were away.

She had both of her dogs with her - Bailey and Archie - so I took charge of Archie for her as the two dogs can be a bit of a handful. It had been a while since I'd walked a dog (Max was the last) and Archie, as a Cockapoo, was a lot lighter than the big Pointer!

We walked up to the pub and decided to sit outside despite the leaden sky. It was still quite warm though and it was lovely to share a bottle of red wine, some paprika covered fries and olives. We had a good natter and Sue very kindly agreed to water my garden while we were away so that's a relief.

We sat and chatted for longer than I thought and when I glanced at my phone I saw it was almost 8pm! I told Keith I'd be home for 7.30! We hurriedly left and walked quickly back home, not letting the dogs have their fill of all the delicious scents that were to be found on the path and on the verges!

Back home I was in the doghouse a bit as the others were waiting to have dinner and all the food was sitting in the oven!




No comments: