Wednesday 26 March 2014

Strike!

Mikey was off school today due to industrial action by the National Union of Teachers so I was forecasting a busy day at work if several schools were affected. Not only that, but we had two parties in the evening (one of over 30 children) so I asked Mum and Dad to swap with Keith and come in today in case we were swamped with customers!

My prediction was right and we were indeed very busy! We still found time to sort out a load of old documents and papers that need to be shredded as some of them dated from 2003! We have a mobile shredding unit visiting us next Monday as there is no way we could do it all ourselves! Dad and I went over to the unit to sort them out for half an hour and I was astonished at just how much stuff we have! A lot of it was damp and covered with cobwebs so I picked up the files very gingerly in case a huge hairy thing jumped out at me!

Sophie finished school a bit early (as a sixth-former she had to go in) and helped out Chloe in the kitchen. I'd resigned myself to staying late and it was almost 7pm when we finally left work and then took Polly home. The noise and chaos had been tremendous and I'd spent an hour just washing up so it was heaven to get home and relax...with a glass of sparkling water! I'd been sorely tempted to have a glass of wine but I didn't give in and just drank water with dinner. I hope the scales tell me it's been worth it!




No comments: