Sunday 30 March 2014

Celebrating Mums!

I was up before the children this morning (too early as the clocks went forward last night!) so I had about an hour before I received some beautiful flowers, chocolates and wine. All my favourite things!

Keith and I took Sophie to work and then we headed off to Booker to get some essential things they'd run out of yesterday. We also had to pop to Tesco to buy the ingredients for tonight's dinner - Coq au Vin - which I said I would prepare as my Mum and Dad were coming and I was looking forward to cooking despite it being Mother's Day!

Tesco was heaving with people buying cards and gifts and the whole store was awash with flowers. It certainly pays to be a florist at this time of year! We bought everything we needed and headed home so I could get started before going out with Mum in the afternoon. Keith went off for a walk so I had a very pleasant hour preparing the chicken and adding a whole bottle of wine to the casserole. It smelt lovely!

In between doing all this I made a photo video for Sophie to celebrate her 18th Birthday next Saturday. I chose about 70 photos from different ages and managed (after a lot of difficulty) to add Charlie Simpson's cover of Re:Stacks which is one of our favourite songs and one we listen to in the car all the time. I'd done a lot of it this morning before she got up so all I had to do was burn it to a DVD which I did before going out with Mum. The only problem was that it wouldn't play on our DVD player!

Mum and I drove to the garden centre near Wootton and had a cup of tea in the cafe. The place looked like a bomb had hit it so they were obviously busy earlier in the day with lunches! We wandered about looking at plants but I wasn't in the mood to buy anything (except some Orchid compost) so we called Sophie to say we would be passing work and would pick her up. She took the opportunity to coerce me into buying her a Creamy Cooler from Costa Coffee! Typical!

Mum and Dad came around for dinner in the evening and we had a great time, with a heated debate about gay marriage causing a lot of amusement for all of us! The food was lovely, thank goodness, but I did feel a bit guilty about not making a lot of it myself, but with my very busy day I'd just run out of time! Keith really wanted to show Sophie her new video while Mum and Dad were with us so we showed it to her on my laptop and she was overjoyed with what I'd done and loved all the photos I'd chosen! Success!

No comments: