Monday 3 March 2014

Back to Monday again!

This morning found me at the Doctor's surgery waiting to have a 24 hour blood pressure monitor fitted. I must admit I wasn't that happy to be wearing it but at least I'll know if my blood pressure is OK or not!

I still felt rough with my cold so I didn't feel like doing any cleaning today. Hopefully next week I'll be feeling much better and we can get on with all the jobs that have been neglected recently. I'm hoping that this period of ill health will soon be behind us!

After work Sophie and I popped down to Boots at Riverside to buy some much-needed toiletries and then my lovely daughter treated me to a cup of tea in Costa Coffee. It was the highlight of my Monday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Janie,
I too had to have one of those fitted as it showed my blood pressure was on the high side when I went to see the nurse about another matter.

I had to wait three weeks to get mine done so my BP couldn't have been that bad lol.

It was a pain having it go off every thirty minutes and every hour during the night and was so glad to hand it back yesterday afternoon.

Not sure which Dr's practise you use but I live on the top of the hill in that new village.

Hope you and your family are keeping well,apart from your cold that is...Wendyxx

Janie said...

Hi Wendy, I have heard about "white coat syndrome" where people's blood pressure can be on the high side just because they're worried about having it taken. It happens to Keith all the time! Like you, it was a relief to hand back the equipment yesterday! I felt all trussed up!

Janie xx