Tuesday 25 March 2014

A good day spoilt...

Today we had rain first thing which wasn't very nice to wake up to! I took the children to school but there's no sign yet of any disruption with the roadworks...perhaps they're waiting until the schools have broken up before unleashing the chaos!

I was having a really good day until about lunchtime when one of the weekend staff popped in to tell us that the girl she works with felt she could no longer carry on with her weekend job as she had so much work from Uni... Why she couldn't have come in and told us herself, I don't know!

Although this was unwelcome news it wasn't disastrous, but shortly after Emma left, Chloe, who cooks for us at the weekend and was covering for Maureen while she's on holiday, came into the office to tell us she'd found a full time job and would be leaving at the end of April... This was definitely not what we wanted to hear and I was very annoyed that she'd let us make lots of arrangements for the weekend rota without coming clean and telling us she was set on finding a full-time position.

After the conversation with Chloe, there was a lot of gnashing of teeth as finding a weekend cook has always been a challenge for us. We were all set for Sophie to help out on a Sunday cooking with Chloe, so that will have to be changed now.

At 3pm I left to pick up Sophie from school and then headed off to the doctor's where I had an appointment to discuss my recent blood test. It turns out I have a severe Vitamin D deficiency so will have to take supplements for the next three months to put it right. I was amazed at the news as I'd had no real symptoms but the doctor did say that being deficient can make you feel achey and tired, which does ring true. I just put it down to the general wear and tear of life!

As soon as I got home Keith and I went out for a walk despite the sky looking a bit ominous! However the rain stayed away and we had a great walk over the fields, following the route we took on Sunday. We were both a bit weary when we got home!

No comments: