Saturday 29 March 2014

Strange celebrations!

Sophie was due to go to a party this morning at 10am, which she wasn't really that happy about! Most Saturday mornings she has only just woken up by that time!

Anyway, I dropped her off at her friend Danni's house and went back home to sort out a Mother's Day present for my mum. The easy option would have been to go off to the garden centre and buy her a voucher but this year I wanted to do something different so I had a look through the Royal and Derngate theatre brochure that had been delivered by post. I spotted a production of "South Pacific" on Friday 31 October which was perfect as she loves musicals and she loves that film in particular. I booked the tickets online and was very pleased with myself for choosing this treat as it was so different and I'm sure she'll be thrilled.

With that out of the way I went out into the garden and did a general tidy-up with Keith. We spoke to Sue and Paul and then Tom, our new neighbour, stopped for a chat and mentioned something about parking on the estate and the possibility of there being lines on the road to stop cars from clogging up the narrow roads. Keith and I popped over to the noticeboard to have a look and saw that there was a mention in the Parish Notices so we'll have to keep an eye out for the promised leaflet which will be delivered to us all. I'm not sure how they'll go about enforcing the rule as I really can't see traffic wardens patrolling the estate!

After Keith and I had finished the garden I washed my car (and got soaking wet as we have a hole in the hosepipe) and then Sophie called me... She said that after getting to her friend's house and staying there for a couple of hours they were asked to leave as Daisy and her family were going to have lunch out, and it was a family affair only! This meant that Sophie and three other girls had to go and find something to do for just over four hours until the family had finished lunch, when they would then be summoned back! I was speechless when she told me and I suggested to her that I go and pick her up and bring her home but she said that they could go to Danni's house and stay there until the evening. I had never heard anything so bizarre in all my life and there was obviously a breakdown in communication somewhere!

Keith went off to watch the football in the afternoon and I settled down to watch North by Northwest on BBC2 when Mikey appeared (after spending most of the afternoon in the garden) and said he had a rash on his back and chest. I had a look and said we could go to the chemist and buy some cream for him. This mean that yet again, I wasn't able to watch North by Northwest in one sitting. I've never actually seen this excellent film all the way through! Luckily I was able to record it so we drove off on a fruitless journey to find a chemist that was open. We gave up after about half an hour and I told Mikey that it didn't look serious and we would buy some cream in Tesco's tomorrow. He seemed quite happy, poor thing!

Sophie went back to her party in the early evening and Keith and I picked her up at 11.30pm. She wasn't in the best of moods, I'm afraid!

No comments: