Monday 24 March 2014

Busy Monday!

Today has been another gorgeous day, despite the heavy rain we had last night. I drove Sophie to school wondering what the traffic would be like around the school as roadworks were due to start today because of the new development of houses being built in the middle of the village. I think journeys into school over the next few weeks will be challenging, to say the least! Thankfully the Easter holidays are not far off!

Keith and Ian busied themselves erecting another barrier in the car park as we've had customers try and park their cars on top of one of our drain covers, which has resulted in the cover being smashed to pieces and leaving a deep hole that a child could fall down! It never ceases to amaze me what our customers are capable of! They put up a low barrier that will stop cars going onto the grass which should let it grow a bit and fill in the deep ruts left by tyres!

I spent the afternoon painting a couple of walls that were covered in black scruffy marks and then it was time for the gym with Sophie. I wore my new clothes and felt very smart for once!

In the evening I sorted through lots of old photos which were great to look at as they'd been stored in the wardrobes for ages. It's amazing to see how the children have changed over the years and I dug out a few old diaries as well which gave us all a lot of amusement!

No comments: