Sunday 16 March 2014

Spring Clean-out!

It's been another beautiful day, but a wee bit on the chilly side. Keith and I went for a walk after we'd dropped Sophie off at work and had a chat with Sue and another neighbour who were tidying up the bushes at the entrance to the estate. It looked hard work and I admired their community spirit!

The walk over the fields was lovely but the wind was on the chilly side, but what can you expect? It's still only the middle of March and this time last year it was snowing!

One cheerful sight was the lambs, though, and the amount of beautiful daffodils growing everywhere, in the gardens and over the fields where some nice person had planted them years ago.

Back at home Keith mowed the lawn while I sorted all the washing out and managed to get a lot of it on the line to dry in the sunshine and breeze. After lunch I decided to clear out my wardrobe and was quite ruthless, deciding to get rid of some clothes that have been hanging around for years and which I know I will never wear again. I also sorted out a load of bedding so the cupboards and drawers are now much tidier with more room...time for a Spring spending spree!

I took some of the clothes around to Mum's and she relieved me of a couple of jackets and a tee-shirt and then it was off to the tip with the clothes, bedding and four bags of books. As last week, the tip was busy with people doing pretty much the same as me! It's the weather!

Sophie called me as I left the tip to say she was finished work so I drove over to collect her then popped the car through the car wash on the way home. By the time I'd got home, finished off the car (I have a thing about the wheels being spotless and the car wash just doesn't get them as clean as I'd like!) it was bliss to sit on the sofa with a glass of wine and relax!

No comments: