Sunday 23 March 2014

Sunday snooze

After the sloth of yesterday I redeemed myself a little by giving the downstairs of the house a good clean before it was time to take Sophie into work. When I got back Keith and I went for a walk over the fields and as Mikey was still asleep, I left him a note to say where we were.

We had a great walk, popping into the village so Keith could show me a new house being built. It was enormous and I have to say I was very envious! We carried on over the fields varying our walk slightly by taking a different route, which led down to one of my favourite places - a lovely quiet area with a bubbling brook and a pool of clear water. I'd love to come down here with a picnic on a sunny day and spend a couple of hours just listening to the water!


As we were nearing the end of our walk my mobile rang and it was Sophie. My heart sank as I'd told her to call me if they needed any extra help as we still had people on holiday. I really didn't feel like having to dash home, get showered and go and work! However, she demanded to know where we were as Mikey had been calling everyone to find out what had happened to us! Apparently he'd woken up to find the ironing board and hoover abandoned, the back door locked and no sign of his parents! He obviously hadn't seen the large piece of paper I'd left in the kitchen explaining that we'd gone for a walk!

After getting home and taking the mickey out of Mikey, Keith and I drove over to Kettering to pick up a top I'd ordered from M&S (a black tee-shirt for the gym) and I bought some seeded bread for lunch. The store was full of Spring colours and banners reminding us that it's Mother's Day next Sunday! That has come around very quickly!

The afternoon was spent doing very little (I had a nap on the sofa) and I had to wait until 6pm to pick my daughter up from work. I drove through a gorgeous evening where the sky was a beautiful mix of smoky greys, blues, apricots and pinks. The leafless trees stood out against the sky and I wished heartily I could capture the colours on my camera!

Some pics I took last week on a late afternoon walk:





No comments: