Thursday 20 March 2014

A shopping we will go!

After work Sophie and I went off to Milton Keynes as I needed some new gym wear (desperately) and my daughter wanted to buy her friend, Chloe, an 18th Birthday present. We parked very easily and went first to M&S where I picked out new leggings, tops, a swimsuit and a couple of bras. After trying them all on, I bought everything except a top which made me look pregnant, so that was my goal achieved!

Sophie went to try bikini tops on in River Island but couldn't find anything she liked and as I thought the jewellery was a bit tacky and cheap looking in there, I suggested we go to Accessorize which was full of some very pretty things such as scarves, bags and jewellery, and have a look. Luckily she found some anklets, a necklace and a couple of other pretty things that did the job perfectly! Thank goodness, as she was starting to get a bit stressed out by the experience!

From Accessorize we went to Boots and from there to John Lewis where we'd planned on having supper. Sophie had a yearning for their Moroccan chicken soup but when we got up to the second floor, the place was almost empty and they had barely a bowl of soup left! We decided to leave the shopping centre and drive the very short distance to The Hub where there was a huge choice of restaurants, but one in particular that Sophie is very fond of, Las Iguanas!

By now it was pouring with rain and we got soaked running from the car park to the restaurant. The place was busy with people eating and drinking and the atmosphere was great. We each had a glass of wine (I felt I deserved it after the shopping) and ordered a burger (me) and Tortas for Sophie which was a soft brioche bread filled with chicken. Sophie pronounced it the best meal she'd ever had afterwards so the extra expense was definitely worth it! My daughter had a second glass of wine (!) and we both couldn't resist the dessert menu, choosing ice-cream and cheesecake, both of which were sublime. This is now the third Thursday I've been out for a meal and I think that's it for now! Needless to say I wasn't tempted by the Tapas dishes on the menu...enough is enough!

The journey home was horrendous, due to the torrential rain and the amount of spray thrown up by the lorries. Not only that, but it was very dark indeed on the M1 and I had a rare moment of actually feeling quite scared by the driving, something I don't normally feel. It was a huge relief to pull off the motorway and get home!

No comments: