Sunday 9 March 2014

Spring has sprung!

Today has been truly glorious - warm (19c) and sunny with cloudless blue skies! I always think we are lulled into a false sense of security though, as we could have snow next week!

Keith and I went to get the newspaper first thing and called in to see Mum for coffee on the way home. We only stopped for a short while as I was itching to get out into the garden and sort things out after the dreadful winter we've had. Another bonus was that we didn't have to waste time taking Sophie to work so we could get straight on!

We didn't do anything major and it was lovely to potter about and tidy all the plants up (Keith did prune our apple tree...Slasher Keith strikes again as he was a bit heavy handed!). I chucked out some plants that hadn't made it over the winter but a fair few had, which surprised me, especially a geranium which still looked healthy. I say we've had a bad winter but I meant in terms of rain, rather than cold temperatures.

We also moved some plant holders from the gravel garden to the garage wall and I filled them with pots of pansies so by the time we were finished everything looked a lot tidier. The only thing I wanted to do, and that we couldn't do as the grass was still damp, was mow the lawn and then it would have been perfect!

I even managed a trip to the tip with two broken bar stools and a load of books that have been sliding around in the back of my car for over a week. Predictably, the tip was very busy with people clearing out garages and gardens.

Just as I was hoovering out my car Sophie called to ask me to pick her up from work as we were very quiet. When we arrived back home it was lovely to sit out in the garden and relax with Monty who had stayed by my side all day, bless him!

No comments: