Friday 31 January 2014

Frantic Friday!

It's been another hectic day and my poor car is certainly clocking up the miles! Sophie took the day off today as she had a whole day of free periods so she stayed with me to help and be a moral support! We had a problem first thing as the deadbolt that I'd put on last night was stuck and we couldn't open the back door, which we use almost constantly. It really annoyed me that I couldn't get it to open but there was nothing I could do before work so I was forced to leave it and hope that I'd find a solution later in the day.

Sophie and I went to Booker (in dad's car, thank goodness!) and we were met by the Manager who gave us a box of chocolates as a thank you for being a customer! Nice touch! We bought some more things for the weekend, tasted a sample of beefburgers and returned to work where it was busy with customers.

At 1.30pm Sophie and I left for the day and went to visit Keith in hospital. He was still on the assessment ward but was pretty cheerful considering he was incarcerated! We didn't stay long as we had to be home for Mikey and on the way back to our house we called into work to pick up my Tassimo order. At least I can have good coffee and hot chocolate over the weekend!

At home I tried my hardest to sort out the lock on the door but it wouldn't budge. The weather today has been truly and utterly horrible with strong, cold winds and a driving rain. The locked door means we have to go out through the conservatory, not too bad, but it's still inconvenient, especially when the weather is so nasty!

At just after 5pm I ventured out into the rain and wind to visit Keith again. The traffic was horrendous and to say I felt miserable is an understatement! However, when I got to the hospital Keith was in good spirits and was laughing and joking with one of the nurses so that made me feel better. I would have hated him to be miserable and fed up. He told me to leave the door as he would sort it out when he got home!

I stayed until almost 8pm and then battled my way back home in the gloom. I'm just glad it wasn't snowing! As soon as I got home I prepared dinner (fishfingers for all of us with mashed potato) and then had a well-earned rest in front of the TV!

No comments: