Thursday 9 January 2014

Temptation!

After work Keith and I drove over to Tesco's in Kettering to get a few things for dinner (the most important of which was beer!). It's never a good idea to go shopping when you're hungry and I trailed around after Keith drooling over the stuffed olives and hummus and having an internal argument with myself as I really wanted to buy some treats! My more sane and sensible side won out though and we departed without giving into temptation!

The journey home was a nightmare as the traffic had increased while we were shopping and Keith banned me from driving along the A14 as the road was almost at a standstill. We went home via Pytchley and across a particularly bad crossroads that has claimed many accidents. While we were waiting to cross we nearly saw another one - a car pulled out to turn right and a car coming along from the left very nearly hit the back of it. Why this particular crossing is so bad we don't know, as there's good visibility but Keith has seen lots of cars in the hedge whenever he's travelled this way.

Once this was out of the way we then had to turn onto the A43 which was nose to tail with cars. One poor car was waiting to turn right and I believe he's probably still waiting!

Once home I prepared two dinners - liver and bacon for Keith and I and meatballs with pasta for the children. To say it was hard work was an understatement so I gave into temptation and had a glass (or two!) of wine...a delicious Californian Cabernet Sauvignon called Longhorn Valley, on sale for half price in Tesco!

No comments: