Monday 20 January 2014

Monday morning blues...

I have this theory that if you have a lovely time, you end up paying for it sooner or later. I thoroughly enjoyed my three days off work but came in this morning to a whole host of problems that swiftly wiped out my good mood!

It took us all morning to sort out the takings from the weekend with receipts missing and a note from our receptionist to say that one party had gone home without paying. We really shouldn't have to deal with niggling little problems like that as our procedures are very straightforward and simple!

I did manage to get away with not doing a lot of cleaning though as by the time we'd sorted out the money and I'd sent off our Booker order it was lunchtime and then I had to go and get some urgent things we needed for first thing in the morning. By the time I got back to work and had a cup of tea with Mum it was time to pick Sophie up from school.

We never got to the gym tonight, despite our best intentions (I wanted to try and go for a swim at 6pm) as we had to sort all her photos out for the exam this week. The deadline is Thursday and as I write I'm still at work listening to the printer churning out photographs!

I'm looking forward very much to getting home, having a glass of white wine and enjoying the roast chicken dinner we should have had last night!


Sophie at my desk with a photo of Keith taken in Berlin

No comments: