Sunday 26 January 2014

Birthday boy!

This morning, in an attempt to make up for last night's dismal dinner, I cooked a family breakfast to celebrate Mikey's 14th Birthday. The day was shaping up to be a truly horrible one with strong winds and a cold, driving rain. The sort of Sunday I truly hate!

After we took Sophie into work Keith and I popped into Booker to buy some chicken for dinner and on the way we called into our new rival's play centre on Riverside. As all parking on the approach roads has now been stopped I wanted to see what they were doing, which was not a lot. There was a man in a fluorescent yellow jacket talking to a couple of drivers but it was obvious that their car park was full and we saw several cars leave. No wonder we've been so busy over the last couple of weekends! Their customers look like they're coming to us instead!

Mum and dad came over to see Mikey in the afternoon and we shared a cake (not baked by me!), most of which was eaten by the Birthday boy! Although he has lost a fair bit of weight lately, his love for chocolate has not diminished!

P.S...I still haven't seen the neighbours.

No comments: