Saturday 4 January 2014

Let's build an Ark!

Today the weather has been atrocious - it hasn't stopped raining all day and the wind has been really cold. Not a nice day to be out and about!

But that's what Sophie and I had to do as we had a hair appointment at 9am followed swiftly by a visit to the nail salon. We splashed our way over to the hairdressers and we were out much quicker than I thought we'd be. It meant we could dash home just in time to meet Keith who'd been to Tesco to do our weekly shop. I helped him put the shopping away, made coffee and toasted crumpets and then it was off into town.

The plan was for me to sit and wait while Sophie had her acrylic nails removed but there was nowhere to sit in the salon so I decided to head for the gym and sit and have a coffee there. It was much more relaxing, especially as I had my Kindle with me! I spent a very pleasant hour sitting in the cafe and chortling to myself while reading Bill Bryson's Notes From a Small Island. The gym was very busy, with lots of families swimming and having lunch and the car park was almost full!

Sophie called me when she was ready to go home so I collected her and we spent the afternoon doing very little (I did make a Pavlova at the children's request). Keith had planned on going to see a local football team in action, but because of the weather the match was cancelled!

No comments: