Tuesday 28 January 2014

Oh, the irony!

This morning didn't get off to a good start at all, unlike yesterday. To begin with I had no toast to enjoy and the weather was really horrible. Sophie was in a foul mood and kept Mikey and I waiting while she fiddled with her hair, and then moaned because it was going to get wet in the torrential (and I mean torrential) rain. Driving to school and work was like going out at dusk, it was so dark and gloomy!

I had a busy day and spent most of my time sorting out paperwork and throwing out letters and invoices, some of which were dated 2002! Where have all the years gone! Also, I can hardly believe it will be February on Saturday!

It was bliss to get home at a reasonable hour and sit and watch Neighbours...which reminds me, we still haven't see our new ones. Keith did speak to the man on Friday afternoon to say hello but that's it. I haven't set eyes on either of them and I don't think we're going to be on as friendly terms with them as we are with Sarah and Liam and Paul and Sue. I did have a feeling before they moved in that they would keep themselves to themselves and my prediction is proving very correct.

I'm not for one minute expecting to be bosom buddies with them, but at the moment I get the feeling that they are purposely avoiding us. I could be wrong (it's been known to happen) but if that's the case then I'd be very disappointed as it's always lovely to meet new people and welcome them to the neighbourhood. As I said, our houses are very close, we share a driveway and we need to be able to get on and be, at the very least, civil.

I did laugh while watching Neighbours (it's the only soap I watch and I've stuck with it ever since it first started despite some very dodgy storylines!) as new neighbours have appeared in the series. Somebody saw movement in a house that is up for rent but no-one has been seen so naturally everyone is curious as to who it is and speculation is rife!

Anyway, on the bright side at least I won't have to look after a Gecko this summer!



No comments: