Sunday 19 January 2014

Recovering!

I awoke this morning at almost 9am feeling a wee bit groggy, but better than I expected after last night's debauchery! Seeing as I'd drunk a glass of Cava, several (lost count) glasses of red wine, almost a third of a bottle of Port and a Kahlua liqueur, I think I managed to get away with it! I wasn't tempted to have a sip of my Jura whisky that Keith was passing around so maybe that was my saving grace!

Today was spent doing very little but I did pick Sophie up from work early as she had a desperate need to go to Boots to get some more make-up after she smashed her face powder. After we'd bought what she wanted we had a quick coffee in Costa which was very pleasant and made a nice end to the day.

Back home we wrestled with Sophie's photographs that she needed to print off for her exam. Some of them worked out OK and then the printer started playing up and the brand new colour ink I put in, ran out. We gave up and I said we would do them at work tomorrow as it was getting late and tempers were starting to fray.

We had planned on having roast chicken for dinner but Keith and I had finished off the leftover chicken dish from last night at lunchtime so neither of us were hungry! We enjoyed the cheese and biscuits instead (I finished the Port) and then watched the two recorded episodes of The Bridge from last night. They were brilliant as ever!


No comments: