Sunday 5 January 2014

Sunday shopping

This morning, Mum, Sophie, Mikey and I went over to Milton Keynes to do some shopping. Mikey had to come with us as I was taking a jacket back to River Island for him and there's no way I was going to attempt to pick out clothes for him now he's a sulky teenager!

We had lunch first in Caffe Italia and then we hit the shops - Sophie went off to New Look while Mikey, Mum and me had a browse around River Island. Mikey didn't see anything he liked so we gave up and met Sophie outside M&S where I treated myself to some new knickers and Sophie became grumpier and grumpier as she tried on bras!

By now we were all a bit fed up but on the way back to the car we called into Schuh where Mikey saw a pair of black Converse trainers. He decided he wanted them (and of course they weren't in the sale!) so after trying them on, he bought them with the money from the jacket. One satisfied son!

Back home it was time for a slice of my delicious Christmas cake (I know I don't sound modest but it really is very moist and fruity!) and a cup of tea and the onslaught of girls who were coming around to get ready with Sophie for their big night out! Upstairs it sounded like we were hosting a party for baby elephants as they all got ready and when they came down at 8.30pm they looked gorgeous.

I dropped them off (thankfully the torrential rain and strong winds had stopped) and went home to while away the hours until it was time to pick them up again. By 11pm Sophie had called me, which was an hour earlier than I'd expected and Keith and I drove into town to collect Sophie, her friend Danni and Danni's boyfriend, Fran.

Sophie talked non-stop the whole way home but seemed to have had a good time!

No comments: