Thursday 2 January 2014

It's all over...

It was back to work today and a return to normality. I still can't believe that Christmas and New Year are over and it looks like we'll be rushing headlong into 2014, so nothing different there then!

I practised a recipe in the evening that I'm going to cook for some friends when they come around later this month. It was a chicken and chorizo tray bake and Keith said that they children wouldn't eat it, especially as I'd put in onions and peppers and lots of garlic! As a back-up he suggested that I put the leftover cottage pie in the oven as well, but when dinner was cooked, the children couldn't get enough of it! OK, they picked out the onions and the peppers, but they loved the juicy chicken thighs, the chorizo slices and the crispy potatoes! I have to say it was delicious and very easy to make.

Ha! Needless to say the cottage pie wasn't touched and I'll take it into work to feed my hungry birds!

No comments: