Friday 10 January 2014

Cold!

So, the last day of a full working week (the last time I worked a five day week was week commencing 9 December!) and we were pleasantly busy at work.

Sophie had the day off sick from school as she has a really bad cold and cough but she assured me she wanted to go to the gym to sit in the steam room. I duly went all the way home to get her to find her lying on her bed and very reluctant to go anywhere! It would have been so easy to give in and stay at home but I gritted my teeth (why she couldn't have phoned me before I left work to tell me she still felt ill) and drove back to Northampton.

I had a good workout (so felt very smug) and a long languish in the spa, but ironically the steam room was cold! With another man in there, we sprayed the walls and floor with cold water but it remained stubbornly steamless so we all dived into the sauna to get warm! Brrr!


No comments: