Tuesday 7 January 2014

Last day of the hols...phew!

So, we've reached the last day of the school holidays and it hasn't been too bad at all! Today was pleasantly busy and it was great to have Sophie in to help in the kitchen.

Keith has a very bad cold at the moment and when he dropped Sophie off at work he looked completely fed up. I'm hoping to resist getting one this winter - that would be a bonus! On the way home we called into the Co-Op at Brixworth to buy dinner. I'm trying to cut out as much sugar as possible at the moment and I really had difficulty buying a stir fry sauce to go with the chicken and vegetables we were having for dinner. There's been a lot of news about the amount of sugar we consume and it's hidden in so many foods these days. In the end I bought a Teriyaki marinade and as soon as we got home I cut the chicken up and let it marinate for an hour.

Mikey was back to Army Cadets tonight so while Keith took him I cooked dinner and I have to say it was a success! Both Keith and Sophie were very appreciative so that was good!

No comments: