Saturday 1 February 2014

Busy weekend, part one!

I was awake at 5.45am this morning but I read for a while and went back to sleep so it was almost 9am when I got up, feeling a bit groggy from falling back into slumber.

I had a Tesco delivery due at 10am as there was no time yesterday for me to go shopping. I had been hoping that Keith would be home today but when I called him he said it was unlikely, which meant that he will probably be in all over the weekend.

After putting the shopping away and having breakfast, Sophie and I drove to Jones's as I had a few bits to get for work and I wanted to get Keith a small radio to listen to while he was in hospital. I had miscalculated the time, because driving back I realised I would have to get home, drop Sophie off and then immediately drive back into Northampton to visit Keith!

Today has been beautiful as well, the sort of day that would have been perfect for getting out into the garden and doing some tidying up and clearing out, but that will all have to wait for another sunny Saturday!

When I got to the hospital, Keith was just about to be moved to a Cardiology ward. I went with him and helped him to settle into a bed by the window - but he didn't have much of a view, poor thing! Just an opposite building!

I stayed with him for an hour and then went home to prepare dinner and relax until it was time to go back and see him in the evening. Sophie had ironed and hoovered for me, which was a real treat!

After giving Sophie instructions about dinner I drove back to Northampton to visit Keith who seemed very cheerful. We both now knew that he wouldn't be home until at least Monday when he will hopefully have his angiogram. At least he'll be having a rest while he's in hospital!

No comments: