Tuesday 14 January 2014

A good old gossip!

After a busy day at work (I seemed to be wallowing in paperwork all day!) it was bliss to get home, jump into a lovely hot bath and soak for half an hour.

Sue came around at about 6pm with loads of foodie treats and a present and card for me, as it's my Birthday tomorrow! I'd bought a bottle of Vouvray so we sat and sipped wine and ate stuffed olives, stuffed vine leaves, hummus and dips. Keith took Mikey to Army Cadets while Sue and I had a good gossip! I opened my little bag of presents to find some really thoughtful pampering treats - hand and body lotion, bath bubbles, nail varnish and a lovely exfoliating cream that I'll hide from Sophie!

After Sue had gone, I sat with Keith and Sophie in the conservatory and we finished the rest of the nibbles and I had a small slice of my Christmas cake as a pre-Birthday treat! We had a very deep conversation about life and the universe and then it was time to venture out into the rain to collect our son.

My day was finished off by watching the end of The French Lieutenant's Woman, one of my favourite films. I was astonished to see that it was made in 1981...so many years ago!


No comments: