Tuesday 21 January 2014

Digging deeper.

Today I've been printing off more photos, in between doing my own work! I shall be very glad when all this printing is over!

It was freezing cold this morning with a thick fog so driving conditions weren't ideal. I have to say, though, that the trees did look beautiful outlined against the fog. I wish I'd had time to take some photos before the day cleared to blue skies and sunshine.

After work Sophie and I went over to Timpson's and we picked five photos to have printed in A3. The lady in the shop is always very helpful and seems to manage the place all on her own. When we arrived there were two families having passport photos taken and she was coping with everyone really well. I'd have been flapping like mad!

When I arrived home a CD had been delivered of Parish records from several villages in Kent. It meant I could fill in some of the gaps in my family tree and go back a little further to my 6x Great Grandparents who lived in the village of Smarden, somewhere I've never heard of! It really does feel strange sometimes, looking at the names of the people who were vital to my being here at the present day. I really wish I could time-travel and meet them - I'd have so many questions!

No comments: