Monday 27 January 2014

Clear out!

My Monday morning got off to a good start when I made myself some toast from the bread I made yesterday. There's something very satisfying from eating bread you've made yourself - taking a heap of dry ingredients and seeing them turn into a lovely wholemeal loaf. I took the rest of the bread into work to make sandwiches for all of us so that saved us money as well!

We cleared out one of our storerooms today and threw a lot of old stuff away that we'd been keeping. We're very good at this, I have to admit. Things that have stopped working or "could come in useful" are stored in a large cupboard and there was so much stuff in there that there was a risk they'd fall off the shelves! I found a big box of papers that were out of date so I'll be doing a lot of shredding in the next couple of days. It felt good to clear everything out though and the cupboard was very tidy when we'd finished...it'll stay that way until the staff go back in there and start rummaging around!

It was off to the gym after work and I did 30 minutes exercise on the treadmill and the bike, but I didn't do any weights as I was a little worried that I'd feel light-headed again. However, I felt fine after the exercise and we even managed to have a short swim before relaxing in the spa. On Wednesday it'll be back to normal with a double set of weights to make up for not doing it today!


No comments: