Monday 6 January 2014

Most depressing day?

Today, according to the newspaper, was supposed to be the most depressing day of the year! The combination of bad weather, people going back to work, Christmas debt and feeling fat and unhealthy after all the festivities was supposed to make people feel really low. I have to admit, I've been feeling a bit miserable over the last few days, but I try and give myself a strict talking to, especially when you read about the terrible misfortunes that afflict other people.

Today started off beautifully sunny but on the way home to collect Sophie to take her back to work with me, the sky darkened and we had a sudden downpour. There has been no mention of snow on the horizon, just lots of wind and rain with lots of the country affected by flooding.

We weren't too busy at work so Sophie and I managed to escape to the gym. It was very busy indeed (lots of people deciding to lose weight after Christmas!) but we took it easy tonight as we hadn't done a proper workout for over two weeks!

No comments: