Tuesday 19 December 2023

Two wee drams

My neck felt slightly better this morning so I drove myself to work. I still had just under three hours of holiday left to take (before the year ends) so I asked Sara if I could finish early today. She agreed, so I left at 1.15pm! What a bonus!

I sped home and managed to catch up with some jobs in the afternoon. I called Mum and Dad's opticians to confirm an order for them and did lots of housework, i.e. cleaning up after the kitts who leave a trail of destruction in their wake!

When Sophie arrived home the house looked lovely, cosy and clean! I had lit the candles and it was prettily festive.

Dinner tonight was easy - pizza and roasted vegetables, and before we ate, we saw a little more of Gone Fishing again. I just can't get enough of the scenery, and although I realised it definitely wasn't December when they visited (probably more like October or November), it still looked gorgeous.

After dinner, Keith and Sophie watched Newcastle. My daughter has suddenly changed into a huge football fan and was very vocal about Newcastle's performance this evening! I sat in the kitchen and sampled two of my whiskies:


The first, Roe & Co was a blended Irish Whiskey at 45%. It reminded me of plums, spiced fruit and custard. One I would definitely buy!

The second, The English Original Single Malt at 43% was very light in colour. When I had a smell and a taste, it reminded me of Fisherman's Friends cough sweets and made my eyes water! With a little water added, I detected pear drops but there was an odd chemical aftertaste! Not one I will be buying!

I joined Keith and Sophie in the living room and listened to the shrieks and groans. What has happened to my daughter and where has the real Sophie gone!

No comments: