Sunday 17 December 2023

Just pootling

My neck hurts at the moment... the pain in my shoulder/back has now moved to my neck, and I think it happened when I was talking to Nicola at work the other day, and rather than move to face her, I kept craning around! Hopefully, a dose of Nurofen will get rid of it!

It's been a windy but dry day and we sorted out some chores this morning, namely Sophie's car insurance and the house insurance. Boring! We also looked at some restaurants in France for our trip next month, and that was not boring!

We pootled about and did some housework, ate leftover Chinese for lunch, and delivered our Christmas cards to neighbours in the afternoon. Getting out and having some fresh air was lovely, but it was very breezy!

When we returned, we had hot chocolate and sat and chatted in the kitchen. I can't believe how quickly Christmas is approaching, and Sophie and I are looking forward to some time off. I'm just excited at the thought of lie-ins!


I sat and sampled my whiskies this evening. Here they are:


The Teeling Small Batch Irish Whiskey was 40% and I found it sweet, honeyed and smooth. I'm a fan of this whisky anyway, so that was no surprise!

The Morris Signature Single Malt Whisky was 40% and was from Australia! It was smoky and reminded me of hot dogs on the barbecue! Sophie had a sniff and said it reminded her of woodsmoke and apricots. It was very unusual but delicious.

The cats have been very affectionate today and a pleasure to be around. I'm hoping that they are getting used to us and our little ways as a family now! They've certainly stopped skedaddling when Sophie or Keith shouts at the football!

Mooney, with a paw slung casually over the armrest

After a lovely cottage pie for dinner, we settled down to watch television and enjoyed Gone Fishing with Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse in Norway. It was last year's Christmas special but we enjoyed it all over again, and the scenery was stunning. I want to go!

Gomez cuddled up to me and was ultra sweet and cuddly!


No comments: