Tuesday 5 December 2023

Muddy paws!

I made sure I left earlier today and arrived at work in good time. I think part of the problem is the traffic lights on the huge Round Spinney roundabout - they turn green but only let a few cars out, so the traffic builds up!

I dealt with the emails today and put on the Christmas activities for our junior members. The school holidays are very "bitty" this year, with two days the first week, three the next, and then a final two days. Before we know it, they will be here!

I drove home a different way this evening to avoid the busy A43 and it was pleasant for a change! I went via Overstone and passed the squash club where Keith and I used to go when we first started going out together. Ahhh! Happy memories!

When I arrived home I was dismayed to find the kitchen resembling a field... the cats had been in and out all day and there were muddy paw prints everywhere! The conservatory, when I opened the door and peered in, was even worse with dirt on the floor and the windowsills as Gomez likes to stand there while someone opens the door for him.

I wasn't very happy, to be honest, and while Keith went for a bath, I hoovered downstairs and then mopped the floors and wiped down all the surfaces. It took me an hour to bring everything back to how it should be and I lit all the candles before Sophie arrived home to make the house look cosy.

Sophie cooked paella for dinner and it was delicious as always. Tonight's whisky was Glen Dronach, a 12-year-old malt at 43%. I detected butterscotch and toffee and it was very drinkable. I can see a pattern emerging here... I seem to prefer the Scotch whiskies!



No comments: