Thursday 14 December 2023

Money matters

It was lovely to face a shorter shift today, and I was determined to go home and just pootle about, and maybe catch a Christmas film!

Sara had left the emails for me to do, so I had plenty of work to get on with but I also received an email with the next list of films to be shown, so that kept me busy, and it's one of my favourite jobs to do!

Before I went home I popped to the Weston Favell Centre again as Keith's brother had sent us a cheque for Christmas, to be shared amongst the four of us, which was a wonderful surprise! He is now well into his 90s and still lives independently, and I keep saying to Keith that we must go and see him in the new year and spend the weekend in the North-East.

Back at home I did pootle about and recorded a Christmas film on Channel 5 to watch a little later. My Mum had been fretting that she'd lost the key to her drawer where they keep their valuables and bank statements, so I wanted to check their accounts to make sure everything was OK. Of course, I forgot the pin for one of their accounts so I had to search high and low for an old diary where I kept the reminders! Doing that ate up most of the afternoon!

However, once the porridges had been made, I was able to sit and watch the film for an hour, which was great, despite the film being a bit cheesy, as most of them are!

Tonight's whisky was The Singleton, a 12-year-old single malt Scotch whisky at 40%. I've enjoyed this before and it was sweet and delicious, and my favourite so far!




No comments: