Friday 1 December 2023

First Day of Winter!

Today has been a much better day than yesterday, and I was no longer Mrs Angry! We awoke to clear blue skies and a heavy frost, and it was bitterly cold! I do prefer the weather this way, though!

I was determined to put a coat of paint on the kitchen doors, so I busied myself with that while Keith prepared the Chilli con Carne for dinner and then shredded a tonne of old paperwork. The kitchen was a hive of activity this morning!

I soon discovered that painting and kittens do not mix, and told Mooney off when he tried to stick his head into my pot of blue paint! I was also worried that the kitts would brush up against the wet paint and then try and lick it off their fur, so every time they came too near I chased them away. It was a good job the paint was water-based and dried quickly. Tomorrow we're putting up the Christmas trees, so I dread to think how they'll react! Gomez did spend most of his time outdoors, while Mooney took one look at the frosty garden and decided he wanted to stay on the sofa, or on the windowsill looking out for birds!

Mooney on the sofa - he's no fool!

As well as painting the doors, I put a coat of white satin on the skirting boards which had been a little scuffed over time. It all looked so much cleaner and brighter. I'm going to paint the other side of the doors (the living room side) with white paint next Wednesday, and I've ordered two sets of new door handles in chrome.

Keith put a picture up for me, and I hoovered the downstairs of the house in readiness for tomorrow's decorating. For my lunch, I enjoyed last night's leftovers from the pub and the meal filled me up again!

I was very glad when Sophie was home and we could relax and enjoy Wine Night. I jumped into the bath when she was driving home and managed to sink deep into its warm, soapy depths! Bliss! 

Keith wrapped up to go to the pub, and Sophie and I decided to watch another excellent Netflix documentary about an Italian surgeon who had pioneered a new plastic windpipe, which was quite literally, killing the people he operated on. As well as this, he was a conman and embarked on an affair with a female journalist, so it made for interesting viewing! Even Keith was riveted when we watched the second and third episodes after dinner!

I opened the first day of my Whisky Advent calendar tonight, and have decided to write a report each day. I opened the little window to find a tiny bottle of "That Boutique-y Whisky Company" which was a blended Scotch:



I found it smooth and delicious, with sweet undertones. It was very drinkable! 4.5/5!


No comments: