Tuesday 12 December 2023

So quiet!

I didn't have the best night's sleep and woke up feeling a bit bleary this morning! When I arrived at work I was surprised to find I was first in for a change! Normally, Sheila is in before me. However, when she arrived, she was a bit upset as she'd had a prang in her car. I tried to reassure her that it happens to us all (I once backed down my drive and hit my Dad's car even though the rear sensors were screaming at me!) but she was annoyed with herself, nonetheless.

Today has been another quiet day and even Jo ran out of things to do! I scanned another load of box office returns and I'm hoping that I'll have my emails to deal with on Thursday!

At home, I played cards with Keith while Sophie cooked stand and stuff tacos, with chicken and lots of vegetables. We indulged in two episodes of Grand Designs after dinner, one of which was filmed in the pandemic with Kevin McCloud and the couple standing a suitable distance away from each other. Remember those days?! 


The whisky this evening was a Mortlach 12 year old single malt whisky at 43.4%. I tasted liquorice and hints of sweetness with this tiny bottle!


No comments: