Thursday 28 December 2023

A quiet Thursday

Today has been quiet, with Keith popping to Tesco first thing this morning while I did some housework and tidied up after Christmas. Sophie had booked a table at The Rose and Crown in Yardley Hastings and met her friend, Laura, for lunch.

The weather has been wet and windy again, with heavy grey skies. It was great to stay home and just pootle about, and when Sophie returned at about 3pm, the house was lovely and cosy. Mike texted me to say he was coming home again tonight, but we hadn't anything planned for dinner as we didn't know what he was doing, or whether he was even bringing Abbie back with him. Keith had bought a pie in Tesco, but neither of us fancied it!

When Mike came home, he stayed in the kitchen for a while but then disappeared upstairs for the rest of the evening. What was the point of coming home then? The cats wouldn't go near him again, and I was perplexed by their behaviour!

Sophie and I enjoyed the wine I'd bought in Buckingham this evening and it certainly lived up to expectations. It was about £18 and was a Lirac, a white from the Rhone Valley. It was gorgeous and I was not disappointed, thank goodness!


Keith and I ended up having cheese on toast for supper as we just fancied something simple after the excesses of the last few days!

No comments: