Friday 8 December 2023

It's Friday!

Sara was off work today so I was in charge of the emails, and I made a start on the moan report. The phones were very quiet with long gaps in between calls. I dread to think what it would be like if three of us were taking calls! 

Nicola was in fine form today, and we had some excellent chats while the phones were quiet. I had plenty to do and made sure that all the children's activities were on the system until Easter next year. That's one less thing to worry about!

At 4pm, I sped home and Keith and I indulged in the last episode of Shetland. Halfway through I guessed the outcome and I can say that we both enjoyed this series, the first we've ever seen. The scenery was stunning!

Keith went to the pub this evening and Sophie and I opened a bottle of the Pinot Grigio and settled down to watch a new Netflix documentary about a man who tried to kill his wife by tampering with her parachute! Fiona Bruce presented the documentary and the husband sounded horrible!

Dinner tonight was a simple affair of baked potatoes and salad, although both Sophie and I had a hankering for fish and chips from the van in Walgrave! I'm glad we resisted in the end!

After dinner, we started watching The Holiday, another festive film with the gorgeous Rufus Sewell. I definitely feel in the festive spirit at the moment, which reminds me... as we were drinking wine, I left tonight's whiskey for the weekend again:



Notes will follow!

Here's a pic of Gomey Gomez in contemplative mood:


No comments: