Thursday 21 December 2023

A windy day!

We have weather warnings out for wind today, and it's set to continue like that for a few days. I've already looked at the forecast, and as usual, Christmas Day will be wet and mild...

I had virtually nothing to do at work, so I left at 11.30am. There was no point sitting there for another two and a half hours, and I had plenty to do at home!

I noticed lots of twigs and small branches all over the road on the way home, and I suspected a tree had come down as there were leaves and splintered wood at one point near Walgrave. When I arrived home and checked the local Facebook page, I learnt I had avoided making a detour as there was indeed a tree down!

I felt a bit giddy with the sudden, unexpected freedom and had lunch with Keith sitting at the island in the kitchen. I then made sure I used the bonus hours by catching up with some housework and other jobs that needed doing!

Sophie returned home after a stressful day at work and said she fancied a glass of wine, so no whisky tonight. I'm going to save them up for the weekend as tomorrow is our Spanish night when we're going to sample a couple of sherries and then watch the very last episode of James Martin in Spain!


No comments: