Friday 15 December 2023

A little tipsy!

Sophie didn't go to the gym this morning as she was going to her company's Christmas dinner this evening and had asked Keith to take her to work. We would then pick her up later. She was wearing two of her charity shop buys and looked gorgeous!

She sent me a photo before she set off for work:



My shift was a quiet one as there was no Sara and no Nicola today. I managed to keep busy, and Kathy asked me for some cancellation emails to do, which I sent over. The time drags badly if there's nothing to do, and our phone calls were few and far between today. I think we had about 60 calls, so over the six hours between Kathy and Shirley, it's not a lot!

Sophie was having a great morning at work and had arranged various activities to do before they left for their lunch. She won a bottle of red wine in the "Re-gift Raffle" and had been taking part in craft activities! It's alright for some!

At 4pm I sped home and immediately missed my wine buddy. Keith wasn't at the pub this evening so I sat and watched the rest of my Christmas film before having a nap. I woke up at 6pm and realised that Gomey Gomez wasn't home yet... we called and called him for ages, but there was no sign of the little monkey... In the end, we decided to drive around the estate and see if we could see him, and we did two laps before returning home. Of course, he was in the conservatory, nose pressed up against the door waiting to come in. The relief was enormous!

Little monkey Gomez

Before we had dinner, I checked my emails and saw one from My Heritage saying my DNA results were in! I ran into the kitchen and accessed my emails from the computer to log onto the website. I was astounded to find I was 100% North and Western European! 


According to My Heritage, I am from the France, Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg and Switzerland areas of Europe, with some South-Eastern England (I was born in Kent). I was convinced it would say I had an Irish background, but no, this was low. This may explain why I love France and Germany so much! The site also brought up various distant relatives who I share some DNA with, but nobody close. 
It was fascinating and over the weekend I'll look at the findings in more depth.

Keith and I had dinner, and then we sat and waited for the text to arrive from Sophie to say she wanted to be picked up. That came at 9.30pm, and we picked her up at 10.30pm. Keith drove, as I'd had a couple of drinks, and she was waiting for us outside The Picturedrome in Northampton.

She was very tipsy and didn't stop talking for the whole journey home! We went via the Wellingborough Road in Northampton, and it reminded me of the scene in It's A Wonderful Life when James Stewart, having been granted his wish of never being born, runs back to Bedford Falls to find it renamed Pottersville and full of bars, strip clubs, cabarets and gambling dens with flashing neon lights and people getting drink and disorderly! 

Back home, Sophie pounced on the cats and gave them some tipsy loving, and I relaxed with tonight's whisky:



It was Daddy Rack Small Batch Straight Tennessee Whisky at 40%. It was smooth, sherry-ish and sweet, like liquid toffee!

No comments: