Monday 4 December 2023

Exploring!

The horrible wet weather continued today, and my commute to work took ages, which meant I arrived at exactly 8am, so I'm either going to have to leave earlier or find a different route! The traffic was horrendous!

Sara was off today so I was in charge of emails. Jo had returned after her Mum's funeral and said it had been a great send-off. She was more cheerful than I'd imagined she'd be, bless her.

Sheila and I went to a meeting at another of our centres this afternoon, which was a good opportunity for me to have a look around! The meeting was about how the company is doing and future plans, and we had to do a couple of group activities, which was a bit tedious. However, it's always good to meet staff from the other centres and say hello!

After the meeting, Sheila showed me around the centre so it'll make it a bit easier for me to answer questions in the future. We drove back to work and only had about an hour to go until the shift ended. I was glad I'd decided to go today as the other meeting was due to be held on Wednesday and I didn't want to give up the morning of my day off!

I stood and chatted with Jo and Kathy after the shift, so I was a little later leaving. Driving back home, the weather hadn't improved at all, and it was so dark! I hate the winter when I drive to work in the dark and then it's still gloomy at 4pm! 

It was bliss to get home and relax. Tonight's whisky was Stauning from Denmark:


It was a whopping 48% and had a caramel sweetness. I've learned to add a drop of mineral water to the whisky to open up the flavours, and it was definitely smoother!


No comments: